In a previous post, I discussed the process of connecting a external data source (Excel) with a Navisworks model. In this post, we will connect an MS Access database with a Navisworks model. As before, I’ll walk you thru how to setup the database link. For this demo, I am going to use the Gatehouse sample file that ships with Navisworks 2016. You can find the files C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Navisworks Manage 2014\Samples\Gatehouse\ The Process In order to connect an Access database to a Navisworks model, we need to configure a DataTools within Navisworks. We will then be configuring the database connection. When working with the DataTools in Navisworks, there are a few very important rules to keep in mind. If you are using a 32-bit workstation, then you need to utilize the 32-bit ODBC drivers. 64-bit workstations need to utilize 64-bit ODBC drivers. It is also important to note, that the link to Navisworks is one way. Data can be linked and viewed inside of Navisworks, but t...
Comments
Post a Comment